What Will Students Get From This Program?
The Clearing Corporation Charitable Foundation (CCCF) Agribusiness Scholars Program supports student development by blending traditional academic coursework with experience-based learning and self-directed study. The program’s two capstone seminar courses and out-of-classroom academic enrichment activities allow students to interact with industry and public sector leaders and develop informed perspectives on contemporary issues affecting agribusiness.
CCCF Agribusiness Scholars will:
- network with industry and public sector leaders
- receive assistance with internship placement
- have access to job shadowing opportunities
- strengthen the “soft skills” and leadership abilities attractive to employers
- refine business communication skills
Sophomores at SEBS with an interest in agribusiness and a proven record of academic success may apply to the program. To be eligible, a student must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher entering the spring semester of their sophomore year; and
- complete at least 24 credits of coursework at Rutgers University by the end of their sophomore year.
A student who wishes to apply to the program but does not meet (1) and/or (2), above, may petition the Program Directors for consideration or be nominated by a SEBS faculty member familiar with the student and confident in his/her ability to perform honors-level work.
Students will be required to submit a personal statement outlining their interest in the program. All applications will be reviewed by a program selection committee. Selected students will be invited to interview with the selection committee.
This program comprises 9 credits of coursework as well as participation in academic enrichment activities, seminars, and networking events with agribusiness and government leaders.
- 11:035:300: Critical Analysis of Issues in Agribusiness I (3 credits)
- 11:035:400: Critical Analysis of Issues in Agribusiness II (3 credits)
- 11:373:241: Introduction to Management (3 credits)
Students completing all program requirements, while maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, will graduate with the designation of Clearing Corporation Charitable Foundation Agribusiness Scholar in the SEBS graduation program and on their transcripts.